Sunday, May 8, 2011

O so close

Wow is all I can say for the way Chelsea FC bounced back towards the end of this season. In one of my posts I discussed how upset and disappointed I was in the effort and overall skill Chelsea had displayed up to that point in the season. I said the best they could finish was third and I honestly believed what I said. They turned there season around, once key players recovered from injuries, especially Frank Lampard. They were at one point 13 points behind Manchester United which in the premier league is almost, if not impossible to come back from. But they did, they slowly climbed the table. Today was the biggest game of the season. Chelsea were only 3 points behind Man U, and tied on goal differential. If Chelsea were to win it would almost guarantee them the Championship this year. Again i was strongly let down. They began the game with one of the poorest displays of the season, conceding a goal only 30 seconds into the game. They were never able to fully recover. Man U would score again to go up 2-0, only to have Frank Lampard score in the second half to bring the score to 2-1. That is how the game ended. There are only two games left in the season for both teams. I see no chance on earth that Man U will lose there final two games to teams that are at the bottom of the table. Chelsea fought back valiantly this year, they never gave up when many fans including myself did. So the wait begins for next year, to a fresh start and another chance at bringing the trophy back to Stamford Bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment